Friday, July 06, 2007

Returning...

I hadn't realized it had been so long since my last blog!! But once Torben got back from Russia, things went into fast forward and are only now slowing down again.

First stop was the YWAM Festival of the Nations in Hernhutt, Germany. YWAMers from all over Europe were there, and it was really exciting to get a taste of what is going on all over the continent and to get some good teaching. Festivals like that are always a good time, just hanging out with friends, getting to know new people, and learning new things. Oh, of course, and standing in line for food in the rain and using porta-potties. It was cool that Torben got to meet some other Danish YWAMers and hear about what they're doing there.

Since we had a few days after the festival before going to England, we had a few days in Prague. Torben wasn't too happy when I told him Prague just might beat Copenhagen as the most beautiful city I have ever seen. I was just stunned by the beauty of all of the gorgeous architecture. It definitely touched my creative side and made me want to sit down and write a novel :) It was a
really good time for us, hanging out and processing some of what we had heard. For example, I began to see at the Festival how fear has been a huge part of my life for a very long time. Fear of failure, of being alone, of the future, of drawing attention to myself in any way. And because of that fear, I protect myself and therefore can't lean on God to take care of me. And during the time in Prague, just thinking it through, I could begin to see that that's no way to live. And my desire for intimacy with God needs to begin to overwhelm my fear.

I think I'll save the blog about England until I've processed the time there some more, but it was a wonderful time for both Torben and I. And it was absolutely great to be there with Dorothy, one of my closest friends, who happened to be there for a YWAM School of Worship. What a huge blessing to be able to be learning and growing so much and hang out with her at the same time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home