Saturday, March 03, 2007

Good old Holmsted


We are finally back in Kyiv after our time in America, Denmark, and England. Our last stop before returning here was our old base, Holmsted Manor just south of London. It was strange to be back. I had so many conflicting thoughts when we got there and I caught sight of that beautiful old manor.
Holmsted was where I did my DTS. I had so many times there at Holmsted of powerful encounters with God, really starting to understand what it is to be a disciple of Jesus Christ, beginning to see God’s call on my life. It was also at Holmsted that I met and fell in love with Torben. There are so many good memories there. But there are also some terrible memories from there. I had some very hard times there when I returned as staff and when God closed the door for us to return again, I was relieved.
So when we got to Holmsted, I was overwhelmed with the good and bad memories. The negativity of the more recent memories outweighed the positive and I prayed that God would heal me of the hurt that I realized was still there in my heart. While Torben prepared to teach the DTS, I took lots of long walks and prayed. Finally, I had a very candid conversation with one of the staff there and was able to forgive and move on. I could really feel the difference in my heart. Even now, as I write and think of Holmsted, I don’t have the negative feelings that used to rise up in me. I love that place because of the wonderful things that happened there and the beautiful place that it is.
I thought a lot about what happened there. I carried hurt and resentment in my heart for almost two years rather than dealing with it. I am so grateful that our travels brought us back there and that the healing was done in my heart. I am grateful that God knew what He was doing in bringing us to Kyiv instead of back to Holmsted. I am grateful that God is so wise in how He deals with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home