Monday, March 06, 2006

Soon and very soon...

Countdown to DTS! After taking some serious time to pray about all of the adjustments to life here in Kiev, I've gotten past being really really nervous about the upcoming DTS and now it's down to the waiting. The current DTS just got back from outreach, reminding me of what a Discipleship Training School is like. The post-outreach excitement is almost tangible as they talk about Kirgistan and Georgia. It makes me remember all of the awesome things that God did in me and through me on my outreach in Romania and I start to get excited again...

A week or so to go before staff training starts. Since those we'll be leading with just got back, I'm excited to get to know them, though I don't think I've quite met all of them. Kind of confusing these days with all of the new faces :)

Random story from daily life - one that only people from cold places will understand - after a short warm weather tease where all the snow melted, Kiev was dumped upon again with about a foot of snow in the past week. It seems the weather can't make up it's mind (hey, like Ohio!) so it goes from freezing to slush everywhere and back again. So, Torben and I went out to eat the other night and on our way home, we had to cross the street. As usual, I was more focused on staying alive (you should see the crazy drivers in Kiev), so I only glanced at where I was stepping. Have you ever had that experience where you think you're stepping on solid ground, but lo and behold, you find yourself nearly up to your knee in freezing nasty water?? Oh yes, good times. Good news, though, I didn't get killed by the crazy cars...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home