Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A glimpse of the future...

Hello!

I have received a glimpse into my future. (kind of). This week, there has been a Writer's Seminar here at the base, so I've been learning all sorts of things about writing techniques and all of that. There have been a lot of non-YWAMers here and two of them made me see what life may look like for me years down the road. A Danish man who is a missionary in Hungary came up to Kiev for this seminar with his sixteen year old daughter, Elizabeth. Not a very Danish name, I noticed, so I commented on it. Lo and behold, her mother is American! Torben and I have met our first other Danish-American couple and I got a glimpse of what my children may look a bit like someday.
I have to admit, I was a bit surprised. Oh, she's beautiful, but everything about her is Danish. Bright blue eyes, high cheekbones, even the way she dresses! She looks like a Dane! Which is perfectly all right, wonderful! Danish people are lovely. But, she's half American and doesn't look it at all!! She actually looks very similar to one of Torben's friends in Copenhagen. I commented to her father about how Danish she looks and he laughed, saying that the younger daughter looks exactly like her mother, so maybe I have some hope of the American genes coming through :)
But seriously, this Writer's Seminar has been so cool. I've learned a whole lot about writing, but also from personal conversations with the speaker, Janice Rogers. She is one of the YWAM "head honchos". Her brother is Loren Cunningham, who started YWAM, so she's been a part of it from the beginning. So, I was a little intimidated at first, since she's one of those power women. But, she's very real and down to earth, so I've been able to talk to her about life in missions, leading DTS's, etc. It's been really cool.

Oh, by the way, Torben has a new blog (in English now!) Check it out! www.torbenriisjensen.blogspot.com

Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home