Thursday, January 05, 2006

My first words in cyberspace

I've finally joined the world of blogs! Yes, maybe a long time after everyone else, but still...I'll start out with some randomness from today. This was the last day that the Christmas tree was up in the Riis Jensen household, where Torben and I are staying for just one more day before leaving for Ukraine. On the Christmas tree, they have real candles lit, giving the room a nice glow when it's dark out. When they lit the candles the first time around Christmas Eve, I was sure the tree would catch fire, but it didn't. Tonight's bit of randomness is that we gave the candles one last lighting as we ate cake for Torben's pre-birthday party. As they burned down, we each picked a candle that we bet would be the last to burn out. The evening wore on, and soon we were all gathered around the tree, anxiously staring at our candles, hoping that our choice had been correct. Gunnar's candle was the first to die, followed shortly by Inger's. Then, my hope bit the dust as my little candle died. It was down to Merete and Torben. The air was tense as we studied the two remaining candles. Who would survive? Who would be the reigning candle champion? It looked for a moment like Torben's was about to disappear, then it made a powerful comeback, not to be outdone by the little sister's candle. Sure enough, Merete was defeated and my husband was dubbed the champion of candle picking. I believe that story was worthy of my first blog ever :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home