Sunday, November 05, 2006

Oh, whiteness...

After a lovely fall of beautiful colors and pleasant temperatures, we finally faced reality yesterday that winter has come to Kiev. A blanket of snow settled itself over the streets and soon it will be time to foam and tape up the windows. Yep, soon I'll make my way to the market and buy thick foam to tuck around the edges of the windows to make our apartment just a little bit warmer (already an icebox). Yep, winter has come!

On the upside, the DTS is in full swing and going very well. This is a great group of students. Each school is different and faced with different challenges and so far, I can see that this group has a real heart for God and serving Him in ministry. That's wonderful, but the downside is that with many of them, the relationship with God is just a side thing while ministry is the main focus. We're trying our best to get through to them that if their relationship with God is not the main thing in their lives and it's not active and alive, then their ministry will end up being dead as well.

I really care about these students and want to see each one come to a place of deeper intimacy with their Father and to get all He wants for them out of this DTS. This group of students have really shown me why it is I am doing this. And it has reminded me that I love discipleship. It is exciting and the possibilities of what God will do in the lives of these students is endless. It is so exciting to be even a small part of what He is doing. I am so entirely blessed that I am doing something that I love.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just doing some googling about YWAM Kiev and i ran across your blog. I have been interested your DTS for a couple of years now, but for one reason or another i have not been able to attend.

Im looking at comming to the March DTS. I would love to get some more info on the day to day type of stuff and what God has been doing on your base and in the city

Thanks

-Johnny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home