Saturday, March 01, 2008

Coming up on halfway...

SBS is rolling quite along. A few weeks ago we finished the New Testament and I was sad so say goodbye, actually. It was a lot of work, but it's just amazing how rich those books are. I especially enjoyed John, 1 Corinthians, Galatians, and Hebrews. I think the thing that God was speaking to me over and over throughout the study of the New Testament was His incredible wisdom, which I needed to be hearing a lot about considering the big changes coming up in our lives (more about that in a later blog....and no, it's not that I'm pregnant). I was just amazed over and over at the awesomeness of His plans.
On a less deep note, my class has undergone quite a few changes. We've been bleeding guys...in other words, we started with six guys and now we're down to two from that. Visa problems, plans changing, and sickness in the family were to blame for all of them leaving, but now it's 13 girls against 3 guys (one guy joined in the 2nd quarter). But hey, that's the way it is in missions :)
We had a New Testament party after finishing Revelation, and everyone had to dress up as something or someone from the New Testament. Here's a picture of Torben and I dressed up as the five loaves and two fish :)



And now we have started in on the Old Testament. I just finished up my work on Numbers. I've actually enjoyed Leviticus and Numbers much more than I thought I would. Like most people, I have only skimmed them at best in the past. Deuteronomy starts on Monday and in a week or two, we will have passed the halfway mark. It's going so fast! I'm determined to enjoy this time to the max because I know this opportunity to just focus on digging in to the Bible full time won't come again. I am so grateful for this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home